The KJZZ Travel Club is a group of public radio listeners who are passionate about traveling and learning new things. It’s a special benefit available to KJZZ members who give $10 a month or more to the station.
Where Travel Club members plan on traveling next
- “Italy! Actually, Nebraska to see my family but then Spain, Italy, South America.” —Rachel in Phoenix
- “Cambodia or Thailand and Vietnam again.” —Beth in Scottsdale
- “Toronto, Turkey, Boston and Maine.” —Susan in Phoenix
- “Idaho.” —Paula in Phoenix
- “Portugal.” —Judie in Sun City
- “Hoping to make it to Ireland in 2021.” —Jim in Tempe
- “Scotland in mid-September to hike the West Highland Way.” —Rosemary in Phoenix
- “Lofty goal is to go to Prague or Paris, most likely it will be to California or Northern Arizona.” —Christopher in Phoenix
- “I have a trip planned to tour the Caucasus—Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan. If that is cancelled, I have reserved a trip to tour Patagonia—both Chile and Argentina—and to hike the W Trail at Torres del Paine.” —Daniel in Scottsdale
- “Canada, from east to west, by car.” —Virginia in Phoenix
KJZZ Travel Club Benefits
- Hear about our upcoming trips before we announce them to the public
- Connect with fellow public radio listeners who share your passion for travel and learning new things, both on our trips and on our private Facebook group
- Receive a Travel Club e-newsletter every season with updates on recent and upcoming trips as well as a roundup of travel-related stories on public radio
Listen to Stina Sieg's four-part series, Below the Rim, on life inside the Grand Canyon. Maybe this year you'll join the ranks of the one percent of all visitors to Grand Canyon National park who spend the night at the bottom of the canyon!
Read KJZZ contest winner Judith Sadre’s reflections on the KJZZ Beatles London trip and Travel Club Member Mary Jo Wait’s experience living like a local in Paris for a week in 2018—plus read her Paris 2019 travelogue.
Travel with KJZZ
You listen to stories from KJZZ because they’re produced in a way that engages and informs you. But did you know that KJZZ also programs great travel experiences for listeners? We’ve been crafting experiential learning trips for small groups of KJZZ listeners since 2013, putting them together with the same attention to detail that we give to the stories we produce for the air.
What makes traveling with KJZZ different from commercial tours?
- Travel with KJZZ staff
- Make new friends in small groups of 10 to 25 travelers who share your interests
- Feel like a local with on-the-ground contacts who help tell the story of every destination
- Participate in unique activities that engage all five senses
- Enjoy a trip planned with curious public radio listeners like you in mind
Where have listeners traveled with KJZZ in the past?
- Costa Rica
- Ireland & Scotland
- Tuscany, Italy
- Mexico City
- Idaho for the solar eclipse
- London & Liverpool, England
2323 West 14th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281