KJZZ is looking for a senior producer for its daily morning news magazine. KJZZ’s The Show reaches hundreds of thousands of listeners weekly.
We’re looking for a producer with a nose for news and a passion for bringing compelling audio stories to life on all platforms. We want someone with big ideas about how to tell the story of the fifth largest city in the U.S., as well as how to connect Arizona audiences with what’s happening around the world.
You’ll create and produce news magazine segments, work with hosts to develop and explore stories of the state and region, and present them in unique ways. You’ll work with the team to find the best guests and liveliest conversations, and direct a live radio show.
We want you to help take The Show to new and interesting heights, as we keep listeners in Arizona and the region up to date on the stories that impact their lives.
40% - Develops materials and content for network quality, daily newsmagazine, with creativity, timeliness, and the best production values.
20% - Prepares and delivers news content including gathering and rewriting material; works with executive producer to create programming that combines national, international, regional and local content, directing a live program, producing segments, mentoring and coaching staff.
20% - Researches and produces interviews and features.
20% - Participates in fundraising activities, make station appearances as necessary; performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in journalism, radio/television, broadcasting or directly related field and two years of broadcast production experience.
An equivalent combination of the conferred degree and directly related full-time work experience as described above sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation, may be considered.
- Proficient with field audio production equipment and studio audio systems.
- Experience researching and identifying appropriate guests including pre-interviewing.
- Experience in writing and producing show segments using gathered audio.
- Experience writing and producing digital media content. This includes content that is exclusively for the web, mobile and social media.
- Please list digital media tools you have used and years of experience with each.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in journalism, news and multimedia experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, abilities and digital audio editing skills.
Required — Portfolio of recent work that highlights:
- Demonstrable ability to produce well-written, contextual news with sound.
- Demonstrable ability to write, produce and complete sound-rich features.
- Highly developed and effective interviewing skills.
If you experience issues with the application links, search for job 314713 at jobs.maricopa.edu to apply.