Leave a Gift in Your Will
A charitable bequest is a gift made from your estate to a charitable organization through your will. This is a vital way of providing long-term support for charitable organizations that are important in our lives, like KJZZ 91.5 FM.
Confused about where to start with estate planning? Sign up here to receive our free Quick Will Guide.
Accomplish Your Objectives
Your personal objectives will determine the exact form of a bequest. You can provide for your loved ones and receive tax benefits while making a lasting contribution to the programs you value on KJZZ.
Leaving a gift in your will is a wonderful opportunity to ensure that public radio stays strong for future generations.
- Feel good about supporting an important cause
- Support KJZZ
- Support a special project or program
- Realize financial rewards for your estate, your family, or other beneficiaries
- Give a gift “in honor of” with a memorial bequest
Receive Tax Benefits
When you include KJZZ in your estate plans, you will receive tax benefits that may provide you with more discretionary income that will benefit you, your family, and KJZZ.
- Receive deductions for charitable bequests
- Minimize the impact of taxes for your beneficiaries
Check with Your Advisor
Please check with your advisor to ensure you comply with legal requirements and to learn how the current estate tax law affects tax deductions for your estate plan.
Planning for the Future
We welcome the opportunity to assist you in your charitable bequest so that you may achieve maximum benefits and personal satisfaction and to ensure that your bequest plays a meaningful role in perpetuating your life values and in sustaining the future of public radio.
We sincerely hope that you will include us in your estate plan. Your generous support will help us plan for the future.
It's As Easy As 1–2–3
Include Public Radio in Your Will
Decide to include KJZZ in your will or codicil (a simple amendment to your will). You may also specify one of our ongoing projects.
Decide on the Gift
Decide what type of gift you would like to make. There are three types of bequests:
- Outright: specify a sum of money or a percentage of the estate net value
- Deferred: provide immediate benefits to individual beneficiaries with KJZZ receiving the bequest at a later time
- Residual: KJZZ receives the bequest after all costs, debts, and taxes have been paid and all other bequests have been satisfied.
Please contact us to discuss language that would best meet your needs to be sure we are able to apply the bequest in accordance with your wishes.
Direct Funds to Friends of Public Radio Arizona
Include the Friends of Public Radio Arizona (FPRAZ) tax ID# 01-0579687 in your will or codicil. FPRAZ is the entity that stewards all charitable gifts to KJZZ.
Leave Your Vehicle to KJZZ in Your Estate Plans
Simply designate Friends of Public Radio Arizona (FPRAZ) as a beneficiary in your estate by using Tax ID 01-0579687 and follow these two steps:
- Download the form “Beneficiary Designation – For Vehicle Title Transfer Upon Death” from ADOT’s website, fill out the form, and staple it to your car’s title.
- When available, notify KJZZ of your plans by going to cars.kjzz.org or by calling 1-855-565-5599. Your vehicle will be towed at no cost to your estate, and your estate will receive a tax deduction.
Legacy Society Members
We gratefully acknowledge Legacy Society Members who have included a charitable bequest to KJZZ in their estate plans.
Their support gives KJZZ the ability to continue providing an important community service and the financial freedom to adapt and grow with changing needs.
We recognize our Legacy Society Members with special opportunities and benefits throughout the year.
Watch These Videos to Learn More
Below, you’ll see a library of 15 videos with easy-to-understand information on estate planning and charitable giving opportunities. Just click the menu icon in the top-right-hand corner to browse our Estate Planning playlist on YouTube.
Estate Planning Office
2323 West 14th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
Gifts to KJZZ are made possible through Friends of Public Radio Arizona (FPRAZ), which was founded in 2001. FPRAZ is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that ensures the future vitality and excellence of our community’s public radio and broadens its support. FPRAZ’s tax ID is 01-0579687.