Phoenix Public Meetings On Proposed Talking Stick Arena Agreement Begin Jan. 5
The city of Phoenix is holding five public meetings on the proposed renovation for the downtown Talking Stick Resort Arena. The first meeting is this weekend.
The building where Phoenix’s NBA team, the Suns, plays is owned by the city.
The 30-year old arena needs its infrastructure replaced. The city has a proposed agreement with the Suns, which operates the arena, to renovate and commit the team to stay in Phoenix until at least 2037.
The city would pay $150 million in initial costs and the team would pay $80 million for the renovations.
The first public meeting is Saturday morning, Jan. 5, at the arena. The four other meetings will be next week, Monday through Thursday in the evenings.
- Meeting #1: Saturday, Jan. 5, 9 - 11 a.m., Talking Stick Resort Arena, 201 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Meeting #2: Monday, Jan. 7, 6 - 8 p.m., Paradise Valley Community Center, 17402 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ 85032
- Meeting #3: Tuesday, Jan. 8, 6 - 8 p.m., Goelet A. C. Beuf Community Center, 3435 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027
- Meeting #4: Wednesday, Jan. 9, 6 - 8 p.m., South Mountain Community Center, 212 E. Alta Vista Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85042
- Meeting #5: Thursday, Jan. 10, 6 - 8 p.m., Desert West Community Center, 6501 W. Virginia Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85035