These are the most dangerous intersections in metro Phoenix
A list of 100 intersections where years of data say crashes are most likely to occur has been released by the Maricopa Association of Governments.
Nine of the 10 most dangerous intersections are located on the west side of Phoenix and in Glendale.
The only exception, Transportation Engineer Mohammad Shaheed told safety officials, is Cave Creek Road and Sweetwater Avenue. It used to have a crash-risk ranking above 500.
“Meaning that there were quite a few severe crashes, including fatal crashes at this intersection compared to the other intersections,” Shaheed said.
The intersections of Bell and Litchfield roads and 35th and Peoria avenues saw the most improvement in crash-risk ranking.
Top 10 metro Phoenix intersections ranked by crash risk (2018-22)
- Phoenix: 67th Avenue and McDowell Road
- Glendale: 51st Avenue and Camelback Road
- Phoenix: 19th Avenue and Peoria Avenue
- Phoenix: 67th Avenue and Thomas Road
- Phoenix: 67th Avenue and Indian School Road
- Phoenix: 83rd Avenue and Indian School Road
- Phoenix: Cave Creek Road and Sweetwater Avenue
- Phoenix: 51st Avenue and Thomas Road
- Phoenix: 27th Avenue and Camelback Road
- Phoenix: 99th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road