How courts are shaping policy on the issue of homelessness
How policymakers are trying to impact homelessness?
There have been efforts at the city, county and state levels to help reduce the number of Arizonans experiencing homelessness.
However, Will Knight explained to The Show that it's another branch of government that may be having the bigger impact at the moment.
Knight is the decriminalization director for the National Homelessness Law Center and the conversation began with how he would describe the role the courts have played in homeless policy and how that has changed in recent years.
More stories about homelessness from The Show
- For one business owner, the problems from 'The Zone' haven't gone away yet
- Author tells story of doctor who spent career working with homeless people
- How courts are shaping policy on the issue of homelessness
- How substance use disorders impact homelessness
- What it's really like to experience homelessness in Arizona
- Why don’t we often hear politicians talking more about homelessness?
- Housing First model approaches homelessness differently than traditional methods
- This Phoenix mom understands the challenges of homelessness in a way others can't
- A homeless Phoenix man has some ideas for how life could be better