KJZZ is looking for a senior field correspondent to investigate and share stories from northern Mexico and the Sonoran capital, Hermosillo.
Based in Hermosillo, the senior field correspondent will coordinate with KJZZ's Arizona newsrooms to cover a variety of breaking news and enterprising/investigative reporting in multiple formats
You’ll research, write, edit, produce and deliver audio stories for a statewide audience. You’ll work with a team of outstanding reporters and editors to develop multimedia storytelling experiences.
We want someone with big ideas about how to tell the story of the relationship between Mexico and the Phoenix metro area.
80% - Works in the KJZZ Hermosillo bureau, reporting on news issues of interest in the region employing the highest journalistic standards for fairness and balance, accuracy, range of perspective and broad journalistic integrity; writes, mixes and files spot and in-depth general assignment news stories across multiple media platforms, both on deadline and off.
10% - Provides context to the news department to foster understanding of background information necessary to advance news stories in the region.
10% - Participates in fundraising activities and performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in journalism, radio/television, broadcasting or directly related field and two years of professional journalism/broadcasting experience such as researching, editing, interviewing and reporting news stories.
1. Fluent in Spanish as position is based in Hermosillo, Sonora (verbal and written)
2. Journalistic experience at a public radio facility or mid-to-major market newspaper including developing sources and establishing effective communication channels
3. Breaking news experience
4. Live news field reporting
5. Investigative reporting experience including research skills
6. Three (3) or more years of regional or beat reporting experience
7. Excellent audio editing skills as demonstrated through a portfolio containing five recent examples of enterprise news reporting in any media format submitted by close of business of the application deadline attached with your application.
If you experience issues with the application links, search for job 318785 at jobs.maricopa.edu to apply.