KJZZ and KBAQ are searching for a chief engineer to supply technical and operational support for the broadcast stations.
This individual must have experience in studio and transmitter maintenance at a broadcast station, experience in operation and maintenance of broadcast automation systems, knowledge of Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations and experience in field maintenance and troubleshooting experience with FM translators. Experience with HD radio transmitters and certification by the Society of Broadcast Engineers is desired.
70% - Assures the quality of the digital audio signals originating from the studios/control rooms and the routing/transmission of these signals. Maintains services and repairs or oversees the repair and maintenance of all equipment in radio studios, control rooms and/or editing suites. Designs and carries out improvements and upgrades when necessary. Responsible for the testing and maintenance of both field production and studio production gear, including both electronic and non-electronic.
15% - Monitors the stations to insure that technical performance meets the standards of the FCC and the Maricopa Community Colleges. FCC applications. Assists in the preparation of operating and capital equipment budgets. Maintains and certifies engineering logs and other records required by the FCC. Maintains property control files and records.
15% - Supervises and administers technical aspects of transmitter/ translator operations and SCA operations. Works with infrastructure service providers to provide required stations services. Maintains liaison with NPR with regards to satellite and other network considerations.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in radio/television, digital communication, broadcast engineering, or related field, five years of broadcast engineering or directly related experience, which includes two years of supervisory experience.
An equivalent combination of the conferred degree and directly related full-time work experience as described above sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation, may be considered.
1. Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations, telecommunication laws related to broadcast station operation and compliance.
2. Field maintenance and troubleshooting experience with FM translators, both over the air and alternative delivery methods, such as microwave and satellite systems.
3. Society of Broadcast Engineers certification at a senior level or above for television or radio broadcast engineer.
4. Recent experience working with high power combined FM transmitters, HD radio transmitters, 950MHz. STL/ICR, on-air analog and digital studio consoles, audio over IP digital routing systems, voiceover IP digital telephone systems for broadcast use, audio processing equipment in an on-air studio system, 5.8 GHz STL, studio and remote control systems. Experience with ISDN, Comrex and T-1 Telco interfaces is a plus.
5. Experience with Microsoft Windows Domain operating systems in a broadcast environment related to information technology infrastructures, computer networking, audio playback over IP network, audio server and off-site storage.
If you experience issues with the application links, search for job 315386 at jobs.maricopa.edu to apply.