Listen to KJZZ using Alexa Routines
What are Alexa Routines?
Alexa Routines allow your Amazon Alexa device to automatically perform favorite actions whenever a desired trigger occurs.
Triggers can be voice commands, a time of day or even a smart home device like a smart light or motion sensor.
Routines enable you to make your favorite Alexa features happen automatically as part of your daily routine.
Custom KJZZ Alexa Routines for you
Here are three KJZZ Alexa Routines that you can try today that demonstrate some of the different ways you can use Routines:
(Note: You must already have the KJZZ Alexa Skill enabled in order for these routines to work.)
How to install an Alexa Routine
Clicking any of the links above will take you to a dedicated page at Amazon with a QR code. When you scan the QR code using the Alexa app and your smartphone's camera, Alexa will download the routine and walk you through the steps to enable and customize it.
How to edit and customize a Routine
It’s easy to customize installed Routines to make them perfect just for you. Use this next Routine as an example for how you can build a routine to feature any of your favorite KJZZ or NPR podcasts and livestreams.
How to edit a routine:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Tap the More tab at the bottom corner of the screen.
- Tap Routines.
- Find the routine that you would like to customize, and tap the name or icon on the left. (Not the Play icon on the right.)
- From the Edit Routine page, you can:
- Enable or disable the routine.
- Change the name.
- Edit the trigger that will launch the routine.
- Add, remove or reorder the actions that the routine will perform.
- Change what device will perform the routine.
- To add an action:
- Tap on the Add action line or + button.
- Scroll to find the desired new action.
- Answer any settings prompts
- Press Next.
- Then press the back arrow icon in the upper-left corner of the screen, and the Alexa app will save your routine.
If you still have questions, please contact us.