We consider the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
When you volunteer for KJZZ/K-BACH, you’ll meet interesting people, have new experiences and support the quality programming you enjoy every day. Here’s examples of what you might do to further the mission of public radio:
- answer phones during our major member drives
- be an Ambassador or read for Sun Sounds of Arizona
- provide support for the Soundbite mobile production studio at community events
- be a Sun Sounds Ambassador
- give station tours
Not a volunteer? The first step to become a volunteer is submitting our online application. We are currently in need of Sun Sounds of Arizona readers to assist in reading AZ Republic live in the morning and Spanish Speakers to assist with other programs.
Public radio runs smoothly because of our many dedicated volunteers. Sun Sounds of Arizona’s Tempe affiliate recently hosted a Volunteer Holiday Open House for volunteers in the area. There were many laughs, a scavenger hunt bingo game, and lots of pies! Thanks to those who were able to attend; we appreciate all of our loyal volunteers.
Already a volunteer? Below are some of the exciting volunteer opportunities coming up with the Soundbite truck, our mobile audio production food truck:
- 1/26/19: UofA Connect to STEM - Downtown Phoenix
- 1/31/19: The Moth Phoenix StorySLAM
- 2/10/19: Arizona Renaissance Festival
All volunteer applicants must attend an orientation at the Conference Center @ Rio Salado College (2323 West 14th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281). Upcoming orientation dates:
- Monday, January 28, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 30, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
We have openings for the Arizona Republic live in the morning and a few Spanish reader programs.
For more information contact Carol Maffuccio at (480) 774-8305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Interested readers for Sun Sounds must schedule and pass a reading audition.
2323 West 14th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281