The Show goes to World Series runner-up Cleveland to talk to Democratic Primary runner-up Bernie Sanders. The winners got to go to This American Life.
Profile of KJZZ Listeners
Public radio is a listener-supported media service that provides news, information, and cultural programming
KJZZ 91.5 FM provides trusted, objective, and intelligent local, national and international news, information, and jazz. It also offers a wide variety of topics that you can't get anywhere else including economics, technology, science, arts, cars, food, entertainment, interviews with famous personalities, and comedy.
Learn more about becoming a KJZZ Business Member!
Profile of KJZZ listeners
- 259,000 weekly listeners
- 23,807 members
Arbitron, Spring 2013
Public radio listeners are decision makers
- 61% are college graduates
- 79% are professionals and executives
- 65% have a household income exceeding $100,000
NPR Profile, 2013
Public radio listeners are committed, community-minded people who look for balanced, factual information
- 95% of public radio listeners have taken direct action as a result of sponsorship, acting on their preference to do business with partners of their station.
- 80% of public radio listeners hold a more positive opinion of a company when they learn it supports public radio.
- 75% of listeners prefer to buy products and services from companies that support public radio, when price and quality are equal.
- 58% of public radio listeners believe companies that support public radio are more credible than those that advertise on commercial radio.
Jacobs Media, 2007
2013 National Public Radio profile
The 2013 National Public Radio profile describes public radio listeners as extraordinarily active and community-minded. They are driven to learn more, to travel more, to become more involved in their communities, and to do more to influence the world around them. They are also very well-educated and tend to earn higher incomes than the general population.
Where does funding for public radio come from?
In fiscal year 2012-2013 KJZZ received revenue from the following sources:
- Membership: 45%
- Underwriting: 30%
- Federal Funding: 8%
- Other Sources: 17%