Maricopa County Attorney Believes Not All Hamilton High Victims Have Come Forward

Published: Thursday, February 1, 2018 - 9:40am
Updated: Thursday, February 1, 2018 - 10:08am
Jude Joffe-Block/KJZZ
Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery.

Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery is ready to move forward in the Hamilton High School football sex assault case, but believes not all of the victims have come forward.

While the cases of two players who are minors were resolved last month, the case of another player Nathaniel Thomas, who is 17, and charged as an adult is still open.

As are the cases involving the school’s former coaches, athletic director and principal.

Five victims have come forward in the case, but Montgomery said they’re not alone.

“I did plead and I know there are more victims and I wish they would come forward, too, to assist us with an ultimate and final resolution for this matter,” Montgomery said.

Montgomery is still deciding on the Chandler police request to charge the former high school administrators and coaches with child abuse and failure to report the cases to authorities.

If you like this story, Donate Now!