KJZZ News

A third candidate has turned in signature petitions to get on the ballot in the recall election of Senate President Russell Pearce. Olivia Cortes turned in 1,177 signatures--500 more than is needed.  But a recording of a Cortes signature gatherer casts doubt on her true intentions.
September 09, 2011
KJZZ's Steve Goldstein asks Arizona Commerce Authority CEO Don Cardon how the public-private partnership will bring jobs to Arizona.
September 09, 2011
   KJZZ's Morning Edition Host Dennis Lambert spoke with US Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan about the impact of the President Obama's Jobs speech on Arizona homeowners.
September 09, 2011
Lisa Schnebly Heidinger, native Arizonan and author of Arizona: 100 Years Grand, talks to host Steve Goldstein about the state's upcoming centennial and publishing the book celebrating 100 years of state history.
September 07, 2011
Former Phoenix Mayor and former Attorney General Terry Goddard talks to host Steve Goldstein about the condition of politics in Arizona and what leaders need to focus on to make the state thrive.
September 07, 2011
NPR White House correspondent Scott Horsley joins host Steve Goldstein to preview President Obama's Thursday address about the nation's job market. Robert Mittelstaedt, Dean of the W.P. Carey School of Business at ASU, talks to Goldstein about unemployment and job creation in the U.
September 07, 2011
       NPR News captures the national memorial ceremonies from ground zero, the Pentagon and Shanksville, with nine hours of live coverage hosted by Weekend Edition host Audie Cornish and Talk of the Nation host Neal Conan.
September 06, 2011
A drug that caused severe birth defects 50 years ago is now undergoing a clinical trial in the valley.The Banner Sun Health Research Institute in Sun City is conducting a study of Thalodomide to see if it can stop the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
September 06, 2011
KJZZ's Theatre Critic Robrt Pela reviews Nearly Naked Theatre's production of Oedipus for Kids which runs through September 10th.Robrt Pela is a columnist at New Times and a staff writer at Latino Perspectives Magazine.
September 02, 2011
A drug that caused severe birth defects 50 years ago is undergoing a clinical trial in the valley.  The Banner Sun Health Research Institute in Sun City is conducting a study of thalidomide to see if it can stop the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
September 01, 2011
Host Steve Goldstein talks to Congressman David Schweikert about whether the Debt Deal can be relied on to not only lower the nation's debt, but keep if from getting out of control again in the future.
August 31, 2011
Ken Strobeck of the League of Arizona Cities and Towns talks to host Steve Goldstein about the challenge of budget cuts and impact fees effecting municipalities in Arizona.
August 31, 2011
Here and Now's Steve Goldstein talks to Wes Gullett and Greg Stanton, the runoff candidates for mayor of Phoenix and their feeling on the continuing race for mayor. Political analyst Dennis Welch discusses the future of the race.
August 31, 2011
     REGISTERED VOTERS - 646,995 VOTES PERCENT VOTING CENTER TURNOUT 13,018 2.01% EARLY VOTING TURNOUT 88,437 13.67% Total  101,455 15.68% MAYORAL RACE VOTES PERCENT ANNA BRENNAN  4,910 4.
August 31, 2011
As of the first report, which contains about 60 percent of ballots cast in the Phoenix Mayor's race, Greg Stanton is ahead with 38 percent of the votes. In second place is Wes Gullett with 20 percent. Peggy Neely, Claude Mattox, and Jennifer Wright are in a close battle for third place.
August 30, 2011
Guatemala is one of the poorest countries in the hemisphere.  And the people who live there face a constant question.  Should I risk leaving?  Many already have...About a million Guatemalans live in the United States.
August 30, 2011
The largest wild fire in state history blackened more than a half-million acres, prompting fears that large numbers of wildlife would perish.  The largest wild fire in state history blackened more than a half-million acres, prompting fears that large numbers of wildlife would perish.
August 30, 2011
A Phoenix school district serving low-income students has seen some success by lengthening its school year by 20 days.  But, an education expert says that alone isn’t enough.  From Phoenix, KJZZ’s Paul Atkinson reports.
August 29, 2011
Membership Drive Thank YouThank you to the 2,431 K-J-Z-Z listeners and especially the 1,119 new members who pledged their support during the K-J-Z-Z membership drive, helping us raise a total of 204,311 dollars including earned member matching funds in support of news, intelligent analysis and civil discourse on K-J-Z-Z.
August 26, 2011

Pages