Are school vocational programs failing some students with special needs?
How To Be An Arizona Supreme Court Justice
If you want to be an Arizona Supreme Court Justice, the state is taking applications to replace Justice John Pelander, who announced his retirement last week.
You can get an application form:
- Online at http://www.azcourts.gov/jnc.
- In person from the Administrative Office of the Courts.
- By calling (602) 452-3311.
Here are the qualifications:
- Be of good moral character.
- Be admitted to the practice of law in Arizona.
- Have lived in the state for the past 10 years.
- Be under 65 by the time you get nominated.
The deadline is on Jan. 25, 2019.
The Commission on Appellate Court Appointments will review applications for the state’s highest court, interview some of them, and send on at least three suggestions to Gov. Doug Ducey. The ultimate hiring decision is his. The Commission’s meetings are open to the public.
But if you get it, the salary isn’t bad: $159,684.88 a year.