Meet a wildlife photographer who’s been all around the world.
5 Mayoral Candidates File Petitions In Phoenix
Five people submitted nominating petitions by Wednesday’s deadline to get on the ballot for Phoenix mayor. In alphabetical order, they are:
- Kate Gallego, the former District 8 councilmember in Phoenix.
- Moses Sanchez, a former school board member who works for a digital marketing company.
- Nicholas Sarwark, chair of the National Libertarian Party who runs a family car dealership.
- Tim Seay who identifies as a Freemason, businessman and president of several nonprofit groups.
- Daniel Valenzuela, the former District 5 councilmember in Phoenix.
The city clerk has until August 18 to verify petitions. Each candidate with 1,500 valid Phoenix signatures will be certified to appear on the November 6 ballot.
The election will fill the vacancy for the term that expires January 2, 2020. Former Mayor Greg Stanton resigned to run for Congress.