Arizona Gov. Ducey Submits Revised Work Requirement Proposal For Medicaid Recipients

By  KJZZ News
Published: Friday, December 1, 2017 - 8:03am
Updated: Friday, December 1, 2017 - 8:08am

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey’s efforts to impose a work requirement on Medicaid recipients was rejected last year, now he’s submitted a revised proposal.

This new proposal will be scaled back.

It proposes certain exceptions, and limits, on how much time someone needs to be on the job or in training to keep their benefits.

Chrstina Corieri is the governor’s health advisor. She said there will be a work requirement set at 20 hours and an age requirement.

"It previously said anybody who is 19 years of age or older, but had no cap on the other end," Corieri said. "And so we have put that in at 55 years old."

There are also exceptions for caregivers of young children and disabled or elderly relatives. 

Corieri said the new administrators at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services under the direction of President Donald Trump have indicated they’re more amenable to the plan.

If you like this story, Donate Now!