Three Students Sick From Cough Medicine

September 18, 2013

Three male students at Poston Butte High School in San Tan Valley are recovering after taking cough medicine that had been brought onto the campus. Rural Metro spokesman Colin Williams says the three teens were having some serious side effects but are expected to be okay. And he has a warning for parents.

“You know you can take virtually any medicine and have a negative side effect because of what’s contained in them,” Williams said. “In this case, it happens to be gaining popularity and it’s definitely a disturbing trend.”

Williams says over-the-counter medicines can be dangerous, even when they’re properly used.

If you like this story, Donate Now!