We kick off a new series called "Central." We’ll be road tripping up Central Avenue, from South Mountain to North Mountain over the next few weeks.
Emergency Equipment At Mesa Gas Station Limits Fire
Fire officials in Mesa say the emergency equipment at a gas station, worked just as it is supposed to, when a motorist made a big mistake and ignited a fire. "The gentleman was filling up the gas tank, left the nozzle inside his vehicle and drove away, but the hose itself had broke away," said fire department spokesman Forrest Smith.
Smith said the flames did not spread to the station or to other vehicles and that somebody nearby shut off the gas valve, limiting the amount of damage.