Make meaningful connections for sponsors by offering access to a highly engaged, educated, affluent and community-minded audience that is hard to reach through other media.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative multi-media Inside Sales professional that thrives in a quick sales cycle environment. Join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for radio, on demand audio, podcasts, digital display and events for KJZZ, Phoenix’s NPR station and KBACH which offers classical programming.
@ Market Enginuity We Do Work that Matters
Market Enginuity employs the largest public media sales force in the United States. A unique organization, we provide outsourced corporate sponsorship sales for public radio and television stations’ broadcast and digital assets in 16 markets throughout the country.
Recognized as a leader in public media corporate sponsorship, our 125+ employees are committed to helping our client stations better serve their communities, while offering sponsors the opportunity to grow their businesses.
About Our Phoenix Public Radio Stations
KJZZ is home to the largest radio newsroom in the Southwest and covers state and regional issues. Weeknights the station has a jazz format, and on the weekends listeners tune into lighter programming and a homegrown blues program.
KBACH 89.5 FM truly is “the Heart of the Arts” in the Valley - making classical music accessible with friendly commentary and educational tidbits.
A day in the life for this inside sales position
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Sell radio sponsorship messages, digital media and event sponsorships to small businesses and organizations
- Surface marketing needs and match those needs with successful media packages to help clients grow their businesses.
- Present proposals, close deals, write copy and service accounts.
- Work with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues
- 3 + years media sales experience - Inside Sales in print and digital is preferred.
- Passion for public media and KJZZ/KBACH. (We are looking for a BIG fan!)
- Time and resource management skills to achieve/exceed sales plan goals
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple platforms.
- Knack for cultivating relationships built on trust and credibility.
- Verbal and written communication skills to craft recommendations and confidently deliver presentations and proposals over the phone.
- Collaborative personality and appreciation for communication with management and peers for feedback/insight
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
- 4 year college degree; Marketing, Business or related field is preferred.
- Strong computer and technical skills with the ability to quickly adapt, learn and apply multiple new computer programs
Benefits You Can Count On
- Market-competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life plans, employee assistance program, 401k retirement savings plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits via our generous PTO policy and holiday schedule
- Targeted sales training and dedicated management support from a smart, creative and collaborative team
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
About Market Enginuity
Market Enginuity is a unique organization that provides outsourced corporate sponsorship sales to public radio and television stations in 16 markets. Recognized as a leader in generating corporate sponsorship for public broadcasting stations, Market Enginuity is committed to helping client stations better serve their communities while helping sponsors grow their businesses. Meeting and exceeding our client stations’ goals requires our sales candidates to be exceptional, determined professionals who share our enthusiasm and vision for setting the standard of excellence for corporate support in public broadcasting.
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter noting why you believe you would be an asset on our team, how your skills align with our needs, and past experience that qualifies you for this position.
Apply on the Market Enginuity website at http://marketenginuity.com/work-with-us/?p=job%2Fo8N73fwP.