Last March, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared without a trace. Remembering the missing passengers and crew, one year later.
Arizona electric utilities ranked for solar power production
The state of Arizona has two of the top ten American electric utilities for production of solar power.
The latest ratings from the Solar Electric Power Association show Arizona Public Service producing the fourth-most solar power and Tucson Electric the seventh-most in the country.
APS added 148 megawatts of solar generation last year alone. Some of that came from new, large-scale plants, built by companies like SunEdison and owned by APS. But the company says more than half its solar growth came from its customers, who are choosing to install solar panels on their homes and businesses.
APS Chairman and CEO Don Brandt says having two utilities in the national top ten shows Arizona is a clear leader in the development of solar power. He credits strong leadership at the state level and the innovative approach of companies like First Solar and AMEC, saying experienced designers and contractors are helping to get plants build, on time and on budget.
1. Pacific Gas and Electric (CA)
2. Southern California Edison (CA)
3. Public Service Electric & Gas Co. (NJ)
4. Arizona Public Service (AZ)
5. NV Energy (NV)
6. Jersey Central Power & Light (NJ)
7. Tucson Electric Power (AZ)
8. Progress Carolinas (NC, SC)
9. Sacramento Municipal Utility District (CA)
10. Hawaiian Electric Company (HI)