The head of Pixar Animation Studios talks about diversity in animated movies.
KJZZ Escape to Paris!
- Roundtrip airfare from Phoenix to Paris – Courtesy of US Airways
- 6 nights in a preferred 4-star hotel – Located in the most desired neighborhoods in the Heart of Paris.
- Private roundtrip airport transfers
- Breakfast daily
- 4 unique specialty tours
1. Pastry and Chocolate Walking Tour
Enjoy a walking tour in a traditional Parisian neighborhood where you will visit bakeries, pastry shops, chocolatiers and confectioners. You will learn the history of chocolate in France and the origins of French pastries and traditional candies. The tour will finish in a cozy tearoom where you will taste delicious pastries, macaroons and various chocolates with a beverage. 2.5 hours. (Courtesy of Chocolatine, Tasteful Tours of France)
2. Louvre Museum Tour
Guided by an art historian, follow the development of ancient art and culture in the Louvre, one of the largest museums in the world and experience one of the greatest art collections. 3 hours
More Details: The museum is housed in the Louvre Palace (Palais du Louvre) the former seat of French royalty. It emerged in the 12th century as a medieval fortress and slowly evolved toward its status as a public arts museum during the French Revolution in the late 18th century. Since then, it has become the globe's most visited museum, and an enduring symbol of French excellence in the arts. It spans eight thematic departments and 35,000 pieces of artwork dating from the antiquity to the early modern period. (Courtesy of Context Travel, Scholar-led)
3. Wine Tasting Dinner at O Chateau
This tour takes place in a 17th century wine cellar. Throughout the dinner, you will taste four different wines, chosen by a sommelier to match the food. The meal will be a traditional and well-executed French meal with an appetizer, main course, and dessert. You will finish the evening with the tasting of a digestif - just to make sure you return to your hotel with an extra big smile on your face! 3 hours
More Details: The sommelier will share with you the secrets necessary to taste wine properly, navigate through a wine list, and choose wine in a restaurant. The sommelier will expertly guide you through the main wine regions of France and explain how to read a French label and pair wine with food. This wine tasting dinner is both informative and fun. It is a unique experience where you can meet like-minded people, food and wine-lovers from all over the world.
4. Gourmet Tour
This is a guided tour rich in aromas and flavors where you and a small group (maximum of 8 people) will stroll like true Parisians through the medieval Latin Quarter, famous for its large choice of high quality food products. This tour will take you through a market, cheese factory, several bakers and confectioners and will end at a regional food specialties shop. 3 hours
Terms and Conditions:
- Space based on availability at time or reservations.
- Double occupancy – 2 people sharing one room.
- Winners must confirm travel dates prior to March 1st, 2013.
- All travel must be completed by December 15th, 2013.
- Bookings must be made at least 45 days in advance.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- Valid U.S. passport required for all U.S. travelers. Non U.S. citizens are responsible for possessing proper travel documents for entry into France.
- At least one traveler must be 21 or older. If under 21, traveler must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- All arrangements, tours, classes and times are subject to change or substitution and are based purely at the discretion of Villa Vita Inc, Protravel International, Context Travel, Chocalatine, and hosts at destinations. If an arrangement is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we will make every effort to organize a comparable substitution. Arrangements quoted in this proposal are from various travel partners such as Travelbound GTA based in New York in conjunction with local tour operators in France.
- Travel Protection is additional and strongly recommended.
Sponsored by Friends of Public Radio for the KJZZ End of Year Drive 2012