A virus that seems harmless, but can cause major birth defects. Fighting an insidious infection.
10 Intel Workers Exposed In Ammonia Spill
Ten construction workers were exposed to ammonia at an Intel plant in Chandler, the company said.
Two of those people were sent to the hospital with shortness of breath.
The workers were doing upgrades in the basement of Fab 12 on the South Chandler campus when they ruputured an ammonia line, Intel's Jason Bagley said.
"There was no leak of the chemical outside of the factory at all, so there was no risk to anyone outside of the facility," Bagley said.
Most of the workers were treated on site. About 20 Chandler fire trucks and haz-mat crews responded to the spill, but the company said manufacturing inside the plant never stopped.