Designs, documents, develops, installs and tests enterprise database application software, including server, client and web components for the Rio Salado Division of Public Service, including KJZZ, KBAQ, Sound Sounds of Arizona, and Spot 127 Youth Media Center.
20% - Maintains web applications; troubleshoots and resolves bugs and discrepancies; expands functionality by revising the applications' design, code and data structure; updates code to keep pace with revised server configurations.
25% - Supervises web development staff; clarifies, coordinates and prioritizes development tasks for all web developers; coordinates interoperability of work produced by team members; represents development progress to constituents within the organization, external to the development team; provide feedback on each team member's contributions.
20% - Identifies needs for internet and intranet web functionality; creates specifications detailing those needs.
1. - Two (2) years' of recent experience leading software development staff as a manager, senior developer, and/or technical lead
2. - Two (2) years' of recent experience designing and developing public-facing web and mobile applications
3. - Two (2) years' of recent experience designing and implementing databases to support web and mobile applications
4. - Two (2) years' of recent experience in the deployment of web and mobile applications
1. - Demonstrated experience contributing to an organizational software strategy and attaining desired objectives
2. - Recent experience leading software purchasing efforts
3. - Two (2) or more years' of recent web development experience in one or more server-side languages
4. - Two (2) or more years' of recent web development experience in one or more client-side languages
5. - One (1) or more years' of recent experience performing manual and automated software testing
6. - Recent experience using the Drupal 7 content management system
7. - Experience specifying software requirements for applications to be built or purchased
8. - Experience designing and building a portfolio website
9. - Experience managing web developers in a telecommuting environment
Special Working Conditions
May require some weekend and/or evening hours; ability to lift up to 30 lbs.; may require being on call
Please visit the website for full job details, qualifications and application requirements: http://www.maricopa.edu/employees/divisions/hr/jobs/current
Please reference Job ID 14430 Enterprise Applic Designer
Position opens on 6/09/2014. The deadline to apply is 7/18/2014.
Please note: applicants will not have access to the online application system 10:10-10:30 p.m.
KJZZ is licensed to Rio Salado College; the Maricopa Community College is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.