Responsible for working on a full spectrum of digital strategies, projects and activities for the KJZZ news department to include serving as a special assignment reporter.
70% - Supervises the research, writing and production of news programming across multi-media platforms, including online and broadcast; guides and edits reporters in building stories for digital distribution from the original assignment to the finished product; ensures the rendering of timely and accurate information across multiple media platforms.
20% - Researches and analyzes background information related to stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate news stories; collaborates with reporters, producers and editors to develop and guide the best practices in digital content management.
10% - Receives assignments; evaluates leads and tips in order to develop story ideas.
1. - Associate's degree in Journalism or related field
2. - Experience in a professional online editing environment, including writing for the web
3. - Strong editing and written communication skills
4. - Experience working in an environment with tight deadlines
1. - Master's degree in Digital Media Production or a related field.
2. - Two (2) or more years' of professional experience editing and reporting digital news, experience should be shown through a portfolio of work in any format (see Special Notes)
3. - Experience with multiple content management systems
4. - Professional experience producing content for a variety of multi-media platforms
5. - Journalistic knowledge of science and technology industries
Special Working Conditions
Must be able to work non-standard, irregular hours which includes evenings and/or weekends; must be able to carry multi-medium equipment.; requires lifting up to 20 lbs; may require some local travel; valid AZ driver's license required; must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/publicstewardship/governance/adminregs/auxiliary....
Applicants should drop off or mail their portfolio containing recent examples of work in any media format to the MCCCD Strategic Staffing Office located at 2411 W. 14th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281. All materials must be submitted by 5 pm of the application deadline. Please include the job ID number (#14254) on the envelope or packaging.
Please visit the website for full job details, qualifications and application requirements: http://www.maricopa.edu/employees/divisions/hr/jobs/current
Please reference Job ID 14254 Digital Media Editor
Position opens on 2/10/2014. The deadline to apply is 3/7/2014.
Please note: applicants will not have access to the online application system 10:10-10:30 p.m.
KJZZ is licensed to Rio Salado College; the Maricopa Community College is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.