Researches, writes, edits and delivers news programming to statewide, regional or national audiences. Exercises advanced and independent editorial and logistical decision making duties including, but not limited to, editing material produced by remote bureau reporters. May serve as a special assignment reporter.
80% - Works with the highest journalist standards of fairness and balance, accuracy, range of perspective and integrity for the KJZZ Radio Station and related bureaus; writes, mixes and file spots in-depth news stories across multiple media platforms, both on and off deadline; utilizes studio, field, transmission and standard office equipment to execute projects, including sound and video editing software and file transfer technology.
10% - Provides context to the news department to foster understanding of background information necessary to advance news stories in the region.
10% - Participates in fundraising activities and performs other related duties as assigned.
1. - Two (2) years' experience as a reporter/editor for a newspaper, magazine, web site or a broadcast station; or as a science educator
2. - Excellent written skills as demonstrated through a cover letter and resume to be attached to the MCCCD application
1. - Two (2) or more years' of reporting on or teaching in the field of science and technology
2. - Journalistic experience at a public radio or television facility
3. - Experience working with national or regional news outlets as a science reporter or a subject-matter expert
4. - Excellent research and writing skills as shown through a portfolio of work in any format, including academic publications or presentations
The primary location for this position is in Tempe, Arizona, but employees may be based outside of the station or in a remote bureau.
Applicants should drop off or mail their portfolio containing recent examples of work in any media format to the MCCCD Strategic Staffing Office located at 2411 W. 14th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281. All materials must be submitted by 5 pm of the application deadline. Please include the Job ID number (#14255) on the envelope or packaging.
Please visit the website for full job details, qualifications and application requirements: http://www.maricopa.edu/employees/divisions/hr/jobs/current
Please reference Job ID 14255 Sr. Field Correspondent
Position opens on 2/10/2014. The deadline to apply is 3/7/2014.
Please note: applicants will not have access to the online application system 10:10-10:30 p.m.
KJZZ is licensed to Rio Salado College; the Maricopa Community College is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.