Arizona E. Coli Victim Recovering After Salad
The Arizona Department of Health Services is confirming that at least one person here is recovering after eating produce that has been recalled because of E. coli contamination. Dr. Joli Weiss says the victim involved ate a ready-to-eat salad.
“We were able to match their strain of E. coli to the other strains found in California and Washington,” Weiss said.
Weiss says it is not known if the salad, or possibly the meat in the salads and sandwiches that were eaten, was the problem. The Glass Onion Catering products were produced between Sept. 23 and Nov. 6. They were shipped to California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Texas.
E. coli can be deadly for young children and adults with weakened immune systems.